Greetings From Your Pastor
We are so EXCITED AND ELATED you made the decision to join our church!
We welcome you to your new spiritual home! It is with great anticipation and expectation of your future and we are delighted you are here! Our church is a great place to connect with a body of other believers who want to grow in their relationship with The Lord. As you progress in your relationship with the Father, there are a few things I want to share with you...
- Please keep in mind, you are not alone! God is with you and so are we.
- Don’t let the newness wear off! “Be sober and vigilant; because your enemy the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.” (1Peter 5:8)
- Your church attendance is very important to your growth in God. “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25)
- You will be assigned a Deacon who will be available to you 24/7, should you need assistance.
- Be led by the Spirit to select a ministry or two where you can display your gifts and talents to glorify God and edify the body of Christ, which is the church.
We also invite you to tell others about our ministry as you are being fed and nurtured. The Bible says, “Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him”. (Luke 8:39)
Again, on behalf of First Baptist Church of James Island, we WELCOME you and are so glad you are here!
In His Service,
Rev. Charlie Murray, Jr.
Reverend Charlie Murray, Jr.,